I’ll never forget the advice I heard a mother give when her daughter was in a previous relationship. Her daughter that that he was her everything. They had merged their lives together, sharing the same space, combined incomes, basically living as husband and wife…but he never popped the question.
Of course the mom told her what most mothers tell their daughter’s in similar situations…
“Why would be buy the cow when the milk is free?”
She wanted more, but she was giving herself permission to settle for less…
So needless to say, She ended the relationship, and she became free.
Her freedom became her saving grace. She learned lessons about herself, after much soul searching.
Maybe you can relate to her story, I know I can.
When you finally get free from what or who holds you back here’s what you’ll learn:
- It’s o.k. to walk away from what ever, or from whom ever no longer serves my best interest.
- NO is not just a word, it’s a complete sentence.
- When you start seeing the value within others will too.
- You will attract unto yourself only at the level of what you believe you deserve.
Many people say that they want more money, a better job or career, a wonderful loving relationship, free time to explore and to create and to pursue their dreams…
Yet, unfortunately many of those same people will remain stuck in the same place day after day, week after week, month after month, year after year, without any forward movement.
You don’t have to remain where you are if you are unhappy. You can change, even if all you do is change your mind.
Believing that you are only going to achieve a certain level of success, or believing that you are only capable of having a certain type of relationship, or feeling as if you are only able to do what you’ve always done, are VERY limiting ways to look at your life.
When you look at your life from a narrow perspective then you will never be open to the endless opportunities that await you.
From now on, make a commitment to yourself to NEVER settle for less than what you truly deserve.
Know that you are a product TODAY of the choices you made in the past. If you want a better life, start NOW making different choices.
Here’s how you can start NOW making different choices for your life:
- Ask yourself this question: “What or Who no longer serves my best interest?” (Write it down) Make a choice TODAY to unfriend, disconnect, or walk away from that negativity.
- Decide what you need to say NO to. (Write it down)
- What are you known for as being an expert in? (Write it down) – Ask yourself how you can best maximize that valuable gift that you have.
- Write down a list of 10 qualities you want in your ideal partner. Keep this list in a place where you will look at it everyday. Repeat the list out loud several times until it becomes a part of your inner D.N.A. and start to believe that who you want is already looking for you.
Was this coaching exercise helpful? For more tools, resources, and support visit me at COACHING